|The "beach" right by the campground|
|This one is called the Cannon because the sound of the waves is really loud. |
My younger daughter was surprised by how loud it was.
|I don't know why they didn't name these tunnels Tom, Dick, and Harry. |
Missed opportunity if you ask me.
|The restaurant serves tea made in tea pots. For that alone I will forever love them.|
Things to keep in mind:
- The Ovens is in a pretty good location. We were about 30 minutes from Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove and Halifax are about 90 minutes away. Grand Pre is about the same in the other direction.
- You can pan for gold at The Ovens.
- You can rent kayaks if you want to see the sea caves up close and personal
- They have live music most nights and host several music festivals.
- It is apparently called The Ovens because some of the caves resemble old timey ovens. I was expecting something a little more exciting.