|Everything I know about the red panda I learned from a volunteer at Central Park Zoo.|
|The Sea Lions are the highlight of any trip to the Central Park Zoo.|
|My daughter thought it was hilarious that one of the bears has the same name as her.|
|You can get pretty up close and personal with the birds in the Tropic Zone Building|
Things to keep in mind:
- They have a 4-D movie theatre. If you will be buying a ticket for that it is cheaper to do it online. General admission tickets can only be bought at the Zoo. For admission with the movie it will be about $60 (USD) for a family of four, general admission is $38 for a family of four.
- Central Park is pretty low on maps. We came in on the other side of the park from the Zoo and had a heck of a time finding it. We stumbled upon an information booth but there was nobody in it. We did find one map but it didn't help much since it didn't have a "you are here" on it. We asked several people for directions and were told about 12 different ways to go, including at one point a young man was giving us directions and a woman came over to offer her two cents and they wound up literally pointing us in two different directions. We did finally get there!
- One of the polar bears had died shortly before we arrived so the remaining polar bear was not on display when were there.
- The Zoo is located at 64th Street and 5th Avenue.
- They do have a snack bar and a gift shop.
- They also have a petting zoo area which is included in the general admission price.